Documents Revised for 2011 Edition of NFPA 25
The American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA) has unveiled updated inspection, testing and maintenance (ITM) report forms to the 2011 edition of NFPA 25, Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems, from the previously available NFPA 25, 2008 and 2002 editions. The forms, which are available online as members-only downloads, are designed to cover the mandatory inspection, testing and maintenance requirements for fire sprinkler systems as detailed in the 2011 edition of NFPA 25. In response to industry requests for a more uniform approach to report forms by both Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) and contractors, AFSA will continue updating these forms to correspond with the 2014 and 2017 editions of NFPA 25 as well.
These newly released, PDF-fillable forms are up-to-date with the required tasks and their frequencies as dictated in the 2011 edition of NFPA 25. They offer inspection documents outlining the rules for the care of fire sprinkler systems, standpipe and hose systems, fire pumps, fire service piping and appurtenances, water storage tanks, fixed water spray, foam-water, and valves.
“The AFSA team hopes that these will satisfy our members’ needs. We’ve expanded the owner’s general information section and enhanced the pump report and flow chart. The overall intent was to not only update the existing forms but clear up some of the language and streamline the reports,” said AFSA’s Manager of ITM Technical Training Jason Williams, CET.
The updated 2011 forms include:
• 103A – Report of Inspection (General Information Section) – one page
• 104A – Report of Inspection (Inspector’s Section) – one page
• 105A – Weekly Report of Inspection – two pages
• 106A – Wet Pipe Fire Sprinkler Systems – Inspection/ Testing/Maintenance – four pages
• 107A – Dry Pipe Fire Sprinkler Systems – Inspection/ Testing/Maintenance – three pages
• 108A – Standpipe Systems – Inspection/Testing/ Maintenance – four pages
• 109A – Foam Water Systems – Inspection/Testing/ Maintenance – three pages
• 110A – Fire Pump Assemblies – Inspection/Testing/ Maintenance – six pages
• 111A – Private Fire Service Mains – Inspection/Testing/ Maintenance – three pages
• 112A – Water Storage Tanks – Inspection/Testing/ Maintenance – three pages
• 113A – Preaction and Deluge Fire Sprinkler Systems – Inspection/Testing/Maintenance – four pages
• 114A – Report of Obstruction Investigation and Internal Condition of Fire Protection Piping – two pages
• 115A – Report of Testing of Pressure Regulating Valves – one page
The 2011 forms for inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire sprinkler systems can be downloaded by AFSA members for free at firesprinkler.org in the Documents Center. Because many jurisdictions around the country still operate under the previous NFPA 25 standards, the 2002 and 2008 editions of the forms are still available for members to down-load in the Documents Center. For more information, visit firesprinkler.org or call (214) 349-5965.