Graduates Achieve AFSA’s 2017 Sprinkler Fitter National Honor Society
The American Fire Sprinkler Association’s (AFSA) Fire Sprinkler Fitter National Honor Society was first established in 2012 to recognize those trainees, along with their sponsoring employers, who have completed all four levels of the AFSA Correspondence Course for Fire Sprinkler Fitters with a cumulative grade point average of 95 percent or above. Inductees into the 2017 class of AFSA’s Fire Sprinkler Fitter National Honor Society represent approximately the top nine percent of the 172 four-level graduates for the year.
AFSA Director of Education Services Leslie Clounts notes: “Congratulations are due to these accomplished companies whose dedication to training excellence is proven in these elite apprentices. I applaud each individual who made the effort ensuring these National Honor Society students not only succeed but excel in their training endeavors.”
The following companies are the proud employers of inductees into the 2017 Fire Sprinkler Fitter National Honor Society:
- Aero Automatic Sprinkler, Phoenix, AZ (three inductees)
- AFPG, Inc., Jackson, TN
- Allied Fire Protection, Pearland, TX
- Colby Fire Protection, Rochdale, MA
- Fire Tech Services, Inc., Chesapeake, VA
- Front-Line Fire Protection, LLC, North Andover, NH
- Johnson Controls, South Bend, IN
- Johnson Controls, Williamsville, NY
- L&L Fire Protection, Torrington, CT
- Meridian Fire Protection, Salem, NH
- Metropolitan Fire Protection, Broomall, PA
- Phoenix Fire Protection, Idaho Falls, ID (two inductees)
- Platinum Fire Protection & Services, Marlborough, MA (two inductees)
- Tri-State Fire Protection, Smithfield, RI
- Western Automatic Sprinkler, Salt Lake City, UT
Recognition plaques for the individual students are provided to the sponsoring employer so that the contractor company can present the plaque to the fire sprinkler fitter graduate at an appropriate time and location. AFSA is also pleased to honor those contractors who participate in this training curriculum and encourage their fitter trainees to study and do well on their tests by recognizing their company in Sprinkler Age.
Calling all Apprentices! Enter now for AFSA’s National Apprentice Competition, celebrating its silver anniversary at AFSA37: Convention, Exhibition, & Apprentice Competition September 30-October 1 at the Gaylord National & Convention Center in Washington, DC. Many contractor employers of fire sprinkler fitter trainees who competed in the annual event state that it builds enthusiasm and encourages trainees to study the AFSA Fire Sprinkler Fitter Training Series more carefully and improve their performance. See the entry form for the 2018 competition in this month’s issue of Sprinkler Age (page 28) or look for details online at firesprinkler.org/convention/apprentice-competition.