Graduates Achieve AFSA’s 2018 Sprinkler Fitter National Honor Society
The American Fire Sprinkler Association’s (AFSA) Fire Sprinkler Fitter National Honor Society was first established in 2012 to recognize those trainees, along with their sponsoring employers, who have completed all four levels of the AFSA Correspondence Course for Fire Sprinkler Fitters with a cumulative grade point average of 95 percent or above. Inductees into the 2018 class of AFSA’s Fire Sprinkler Fitter National Honor Society represent approximately the top 10 percent of the 165 four-level graduates for the year.
AFSA Education Programs Coordinator Jill Gamble notes: “I think Ralph Marston said it best – ‘Excellence is not a skill, it is a mindset.’ We take great pride in the students who achieved academic excellence in 2018, as well as the member companies who believe investing in training and education for employees produces an environment where excellence is a shared mindset. AFSA celebrates their contribution in building a foundation of excellence for the future of our industry.”
The following companies are the proud employers of inductees into the 2018 Fire Sprinkler Fitter National Honor Society:
- American Fire Protection Group, Inc., Albuquerque, NM
- Badgerland Fire Protection, Coleman, WI
- Burtell Fire Protection, Billings, MT
- Central Kentucky Sprinkler, Nicholasville, KY
- Cintas Fire Protection, Pawtucket, RI
- Commonwealth Fire Protection, Leola, PA (two inductees)
- Covenant Fire Protection, Manchester, NH
- Dave Jones Fire Protection, Madison, WI
- E. Amanti & Sons, Inc., Salem, MA
- Firestop Co., Medford, OR
- Firestopping Specialists, LLC, Neenah, WI
- Johnson Controls, Dublin, OH
- Mass Code Compliance, Pembroke, MA
- Phoenix Fire Protection, Nampa, ID
- Vanport Mechanical & Fire Sprinkler, Vancouver, WA
Recognition plaques for the individual students are provided to the sponsoring employer so that the contractor company can present the plaque to the fire sprinkler fitter graduate at an appropriate time and location. AFSA is also pleased to honor those contractors who participate in this training curriculum and encourage their fitter trainees to study and do well on their tests by recognizing their company in Sprinkler Age.
Calling all Apprentices! Enter now for AFSA’s National Apprentice Competition, to be held during AFSA38 October 1-4, 2019, at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, California. Many contractor employers of fire sprinkler fitter trainees who competed in the annual event state that it builds enthusiasm and encourages trainees to study the AFSA Fire Sprinkler Fitter Training Series more carefully and improve their performance. See the entry form on page 47 of this issue or look for details online at firesprinkler.org/convention/apprentice-competition.